First my user in twitter is @lauritaperz, there you can find multiple information with everything related to education. First say that it is intended primarily related to CLIL, the use of new technologies in the classroom … generally in another way to work with children.
Twitter is a free social networking microblogging service that allows registered members to broadcast short posts called tweets. Twitter members can broadcast tweets and follow other users’ tweets by using multiple platforms and devices. Tweets and replies to tweets can be sent by cell phone text message, desktop client or by posting at the Twitter.com website.
In the classroom we can use this tool because of the many benefits it has such as:
- Instant information.Answer questions. Teachers can make public questions on Twitter and expect students to respond. It’s like the online version of raise your hand in class.
- Notifications about completed tasks. Students can tell teachers when they have finished doing their jobs.
- The 140 character limit is definitely a challenge for students. It can be a creative stimulant for someone looking to write poetry, short stories or other literary work.
- Take notes. Twitter can be a good notebook if hashtags dedicated to topics and classes are used.
- Information for parents. Educators can create a feed of Twitter to inform parents about what they are doing and what issues are commenting.
- Communication with other classes. You can interact with teachers and students from other classes and schools. They could create a communal hashtag in order to establish discussions.